What is micro silica fume for concrete
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
After Russia pledged to scale back its military operations around Kyiv and in northern Ukraine, the prices of most industrial metals fell, led by aluminum, showing people's concerns for supply shortage eased.
At an earlier time, the West imposed sweeping sanctions on Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, which aroused concerns about the supply problem because Russia is a major producer of nickel, aluminum, and copper.
Russia is also a major gas supplier to Europe, where potential supply disruptions are seen as hitting power-intensive aluminum and zinc silica fume are still very uncertain.
What is micro silica fume for concrete?
Micro silica fume is also well used in the concrete industry. Its physical characteristics include small particles, high purity, and pozzolanic solid activity. Adding micro silica fume to concrete can not only improve the properties of concrete in many aspects but also enhance. The adhesion and cohesion of concrete itself, can make the concrete play its role more and reduce the amount of rebound. The use of micro-silica fume has brought many advantages to the project; not only can the thickness of the concrete be formed at one time, but it also brings a lot of cost savings to the whole project and shorten the time required for the project.
Application of high-performance concrete proportioning design scheme
1) Compatibility: Micro silica fume has good compatibility with water-reducing agents, fly ash, mineral powder, and fiber;
2) Slump: Concrete has strong viscosity due to the phenomenon of gap filling, so the slump design scheme of concrete mixed with silica fume is 2~3cm higher than that of ordinary concrete;
3) The amount of mixing, production, and processing of high-strength concrete and shotcrete, the mixing amount of silica fume is 6~12% of the cement; the mixing amount of concrete for underwater engineering projects is slightly higher; the silica fume is used as a pump When the agent is used, the mixing amount is reduced to about 2%. Finally, the mixing ratio is confirmed by the mixing ratio test. The mixing of micro-silica fume mixed with cement and aggregate shall be constructed in strict accordance with the specifications, and at the same time, the maintenance shall be enhanced.
Ingredients and mixing
Generally speaking, the concrete industry usually uses densified silica fume, so manual or automatic feeding can be used.
2) Because of its unique ultra-fineness, the micro-silica fume must be put in immediately after feeding, and the micro-silica powder cannot be added to the concrete.
3) When the concrete is mixed with silica fume, the mixing time is 30~40s longer than ordinary concrete to obtain good uniformity.
4) There are no special requirements for the concrete of micro silica fume during transportation, just like ordinary concrete.
Watering and maintenance;
1) Vibration of micro-silica fume concrete requires high density, no vibration leakage, and no over-vibration. The vibration time is generally 10~30s;
2) Continuous supply of concrete is required to prevent cold stubble and cause hidden dangers. The stubble time cannot exceed 100 minutes;
3) It is essential to prevent the premature evaporation of water when protecting the concrete from silica fume. Therefore, after pouring, immediately cover the film, and lay sacks for watering and curing.
Use a woven bag for micro-silica fume in a plastic inner sealed bag, and pay attention to waterproof and moisture-proof during storage and transportation.
TRUNNANO is a concrete additives supplier with over 12 years experience in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
If you are looking for high quality silica fume, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.
Russia is a major supplier of industrial metals such as nickel, aluminium and palladium. Russia and Ukraine are both major wheat exporters, and Russia and Belarus produce large amounts of potash, an input to fertiliser. The price and market of the silica fume will fluctuate under its influence. Prices of these goods have been rising since 2022 and are now likely to rise further because of the Russia-Ukraine conflict. Russia is a major supplier of industrial metals such as nickel, aluminium and palladium. Russia and Ukraine are both major wheat exporters, and Russia and Belarus produce large amounts of potash, an input to fertiliser. The price and market of the silica fume will fluctuate under its influence. Prices of these goods have been rising since 2022 and are now likely to rise further because of the Russia-Ukraine conflict.