Wholesale gas prices in the Netherlands and the UK have risen 20 percent recently amid concerns about Russian supplies.
The EU plans to cut its dependence on Russian gas by two-thirds this year and stop importing Russian fossil fuels by 2027. Russia exported about 155 billion cubic meters of gas to the EU in 2021.
The US recently said it would try to supply 15bn cubic meters of LNG to the EU this year. U.S. LNG plants are running at full capacity, and analysts say much of the extra gas the U.S. sends to Europe comes from what should have been exported elsewhere.
The German government called Russia "an unreliable energy supplier". Even though the German government claimed that they have been preparing for the situation for a long time that Russia may stop sending gas one day, experts say it is hard for the EU to replace all of Russia's gas exports any time soon.
The supply and prices of many products in the global market like the Mn2O3 Powder will continue to be influenced by international situations.
What is Mn2O3 Powder?
Manganese trioxide is an oxide with a chemical formula of Mn2O3 and a molecular weight of 157.88. Black cubic crystals. Relative density 4.50. Insoluble in water, acetic acid and ammonium chloride solution, soluble in other inorganic acids. Dissolved in cold hydrochloric acid to form a brown solution, in hot dilute sulfuric acid or concentrated sulfuric acid to form a red solution, decomposed into MnO₂ and manganese nitrate in hot nitric acid, decomposed into Mn3O4 when heated and released O₂. It exists in two forms, α-Mn2O3 and γ-Mn2O3. α-type is obtained by decomposing nitrate, carbonate or chloride and hydride of divalent manganese in air by heating to 600～800℃; γ-type is obtained by heating MnO2 in vacuum at 500℃ for 78 hours, or By γ-MnO (OH) dehydration obtained. It can be used in the printing and dyeing process of cloth, in the oxidation process of carbon monoxide and organic compounds, and can also be used to synthesize soft magnetic materials, or as an important base material for synthesizing lithium-ion batteries.
The characteristics of Mn2O3 Powder
Manganese trioxide is black cubic crystal, insoluble in water, acetic acid and ammonium chloride solution, soluble in other inorganic acids. Heating to 1080 ℃ decomposes into Mn3O4 and O2. Dissolved in cold hydrochloric acid into a brown solution, in hot dilute sulfuric acid or concentrated sulfuric acid into a red solution, decomposed into MnO2 and manganese nitrate in hot nitric acid, decomposed into Mn3O4 and released O2 when heated. It exists in two forms, α-Mn2O3 and γ-Mn2O3.
|Manganese Oxide Mn2O3 Powder Properties|
|Other Names||Manganese oxide, Manganese(3+) oxide, Manganese sesquioxide,
Dimanganese trioxide, Keto-(ketomanganiooxy)manganese,
Manganese(3+) oxide, Manganese trioxide,
|Melting Point||940 °C (1724 °F)|
|Solubility in water||N/A|
The preparation for Mn2O3 Powder
1. Preparation of α-Mn₂O₃α-Mn2O3 can be obtained by further oxidation or reduction of manganese oxides, or by heating divalent manganese salts in the air at 600-800°C. The easiest way is to heat manganese nitrate hexahydrate or pure β-MnO2 to constant weight at 650°C in air. When using manganese nitrate hexahydrate as the raw material, it needs to be heated at 190°C to make a solid material, which can be pulverized and then heated at 650°C.
2. Preparation of γ-Mn₂O₃In 350mL of the solution in which 2.2g of manganese sulfate tetrahydrate was dissolved, under vigorous stirring, 34mL of 3% hydrogen peroxide solution was added dropwise, followed by 50mL of 0.2mol·dm-3 ammonia water to generate γ-MnO(OH). Heating to make the dark brown or black suspension that emits oxygen to boil rapidly, after boiling for 4 minutes, filter and separate, wash the solid with 1.5L hot water, put it in a vacuum desiccator with phosphorus pentoxide, below 100 ℃ After drying, γ-MnO(OH) is obtained. This γ-MnO(OH) was carefully dehydrated at 250° C. for 3 days under reduced pressure to obtain γ-Mn2O3. In addition, γ-MnO2 can also be prepared by heating γ-MnO2 at 500 °C for 78h under reduced pressure.
The usage of Mn2O3 Powder
1. Mn2O3 has a wide range of uses and can be used in the printing and dyeing process of fabrics.
2. It can efficiently catalyze the oxidation of organic pollutants and nitrogen oxides, and catalyze organic coupling reactions.
3. It can be used as the precursor of soft magnetic material.
4. As a raw material for synthesizing lithium ion battery electrode materials.
5. It is the raw material and intermediate product of manganese compound.
The main supplier of Mn2O3 Powder
Luoyang Trunnano Tech Co., Ltd (TRUNNANO) is a professional Oxide powder supplier with over 12 years of experience in chemical products research and development. We accept payment via Credit Card, T/T, West Union, and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea.
If you are looking for high-quality boron carbide powder, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry.
The resurgence of the global COVID-19 pandemic and the impact of the Russia-Ukraine conflict continued to cause high volatility in commodity prices. Stubbornly high inflation and rising commodity prices are likely to influence each other and thus push each other higher. The price of the Mn2O3 Powder may not decrease significantly in the short term.
Sweden is in talks with Turkey on joining NATO and looks forward to strengthening cooperation with Turkey in security and counter-terrorism, Swedish Prime Minister Anders Andersson said recently. Andersson held a joint press conference with visiting…
A tanker carrying 650,000 barrels of Venezuelan crude oil is reportedly bound for Europe, the first time Venezuela has exported crude to Europe in the past two years under US sanctions. It is analyzed that the U.S. is making up for the European ener…
About Spherical Graphite Powder:Spherical graphite (SPG), also known as battery-grade graphite, is a product consumed as an anode in lithium-ion batteries. The flake graphite concentrate is processed into ultra-high purity (>99.95%C) with a particle…