How to Produce Magnesium Nitride
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: email@example.com
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium nitride, is a not natural compound with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It belongs to the cubic crystal system. At room temperature, pure magnesium nitride is a yellow-green powder, however magnesium nitride including a portion of magnesium oxide impurities is grayish white.
The molar mass of magnesium nitride is 100.95 g/mol. Its density is 2.712 g/cm3. Magnesium nitride is entirely dissolved in acid and water, yet partly liquified in ether as well as ethanol.
The melting point of magnesium nitride is 1500 levels. Magnesium nitride, like lots of metal nitrides, reacts with water to produce ammonia. Often used as a driver. Respond with acid or liquid nonmetallic oxides to form ammonium salts and also magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride is ceramic in nature. Magnesium nitride has high rust resistance and also substantially enhances manufacturing performance. Magnesium nitride additionally has high thermal conductivity, in addition to high corrosion resistance and temperature level resistance. Magnesium nitride has an additional great importance due to the fact that it is made use of as a driver for the synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What is Magnesium Nitride Used For?
1. Utilized as a stimulant when prepare the nitride of other aspects with high hardness, high thermal conductivity, rust resistance, put on resistance and high temperature resistance. In the initial successful synthesis of cubic boron nitride, the driver was magnesium nitride.
2. Utilized for high stamina steel smelting ingredients. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) changes desulphurized magnesium in building and construction steel smelting, which is advantageous to improve the density, stamina, tension as well as bearing pressure of steel. Furthermore, the use of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurization, can minimize the amount of various other additives, hence assisting to reduce the production expense of building and construction steel;
3. Made use of to prepare unique ceramic materials;
4. For the manufacture of unique alloy frothing representative;
5. For producing special glass;
6. For catalytic polymer crosslinking;
7. For the recycling of hazardous waste;
How to Produce Magnesium Nitride?
Today, the primary prep work approaches of magnesium nitride include straight response method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, reaction technique of magnesium with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma circulation, magnesium coil explosion approach in nitrogen environment, low stress chemical gas complementary product method, self-propagating heat synthesis approach, nano magnesium nitride synthesis technique, and so on.
Lately, G. Soto et al. ready amorphous magnesium nitride films with various Mg ∶ N proportions on Si substratums in a molecular nitrogen setting by pulse laser deposition. These methods restrict their commercial production due to high price, lengthy procedure, complex tools procedure, or reduced yield of magnesium nitride.
Although the straight response of magnesium powder with nitrogen has commercial worth, the manufacturing of magnesium nitride powder needs higher reaction temperature as well as longer response time, and the form of bits is insufficient and easy to agglomerate, which can not satisfy the requirements of industrial top quality. NH3 can be decayed right into N- with busted bonds a lot more conveniently than N2, and also the decayed H2 can prevent the development of MgO, so ammonia gas can be utilized as the nitrogen resource. Chen Faqin et al. utilized fluid ammonia as nitrogen resource to prepare magnesium nitride powder by direct nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions could be drawn: Through thermodynamic evaluation, liquid ammonia can react with magnesium powder much more quickly than nitrogen to prepare magnesium nitride; High high quality magnesium nitride powder with high pureness and uniform powder bits can be prepared at 600 ℃ as well as ammonia atmosphere for 1h, then warmed to 800 ℃, ammonia circulation price of 500ml/min and nitriding time of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Powder Supplier
Technology Co. Ltd. is a relied on international chemical product supplier & manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in offering extremely top notch chemicals and nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, and so on.
If you are searching for top notch Mg3N2 powder, please feel free to call us and send an inquiry. (firstname.lastname@example.org)